Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Edit to last post (Photo Summary)

This is an edit for my last entry, "Photo Summary of my Week". I didn't get photos of where I work that week, so I did yesterday, and here they are. I work only 6 to 9 hours a week for a friend who makes Micro-Tools. I'm in the cleaning, packaging, and labeling "department", lol.
On this day we did just about everything that I usually do there, in one day, so it was nice for a photoshoot.

Labeling 


So many.... 

Inspection for particulate matter inside of the aluminum handles that the tools go on to (in the background you can see the drill I use to test the threads).

Removal of particulate matter. *evil laugh* 

 Random slightly creepy photo. XD

Hi! lol


What do you guys all do for jobs here and there?
Hope you liked the pics, I would be glad to know your opinions on the angles! :-D

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat. Is this a small business or what?

    What does he make the tools for? Mostly retail or wholesale? How does he make the tools?


    Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a small business, and he makes them mostly for micro-electronics use, and some other random tiny parts (some I heard went into fighter jets, lol), though he used to do medical equipment as well.

    He sells to retailers, and he has two guys make the tool using microscopes and some other stuff. He didn't explain exactly how they were made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you work in a small factory or in his workshop? I'm just trying to understand the scale of this business. How does he actually make the parts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually just his office, lol! Very small scale, but he does ship out several orders of 15 to 1000 or so in a month, he used to do more, but business isn't what it used to be.

    His two workmen chisel the angles on aluminum, I'm assuming. Other than that I don't know anything other than there is no real machinery involved that isn't contracted (he sends the handles to some factory to have them anodized and covered in blue or black paint with a logo).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. Let me know if he needs a website.


    Zachary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting perspectives. creepy subject, but probably because I dislike needles and injections. :) last photo was funny tho. :)

    ReplyDelete